#66 Expressing Love & Spirituality Through Food with Klancy Miller
In this episode of the Black Girl In Om Podcast, chef & author Klancy Miller joins BGIO founder Lauren in conversation around the expansive power of expressing love to ourselves and our communities through the preparation and enjoyment of food. Klancy and Lauren share their unique food rituals that help them to create the perfect vibe for a truly nourishing and joyful culinary experience. Klancy talks about how never seeing Black women featured in food magazines growing up inspired her to build a first-of-its’-kind biannual printed food & culture magazine called For The Culture created by and about Black women tastemakers across the Diaspora. As Klancy points out, we are literally everywhere as chefs, somaliers, farmers, bakers, food activists and restaurateurs, playing essential roles in architecting cuisines and influencing the culture. No matter where you’re at in your relationship to cooking and food, you’re sure to take away something nourishing from this conversation that inspires you to infuse each meal with love and joy.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- Klancy and Lauren’s cooking rituals
- The best parts about cooking solo
- How spending part of her childhood on a farm in Atlanta making food grown off the land informed Klancy’s deep love and appreciation for food
- The ways food plays a role in our expression of spirituality
- Klancy’s practice of cooking as meditation
- The power of cooking as an act of love
- Klancy’s mouthwatering and surprisingly easy recipe for Tian De Légume - a delicious dish with summer vegetables and goat cheese (YUM!)
- The energy-boosting benefits of a sugar detox
- How Klancy organically built a dynamic network of black women throughout the food world
- Some of Lauren & Klancy’s favorite black women owned vegan restaurants in NYC and Los Angeles
Pick up the beautiful 1st issue of Klancy’s food magazine created by & about black women tastemakers, For The Culture at ForTheCultureFoodMag.com
Keep up with Klancy on instagram at @Klancycooks
Order your copy of Klancy’s incredible cookbook Cooking Solo on her website, KlancyMiller.com
If you’re interested in trying Green Chef, the number one meal kit for eating well, go to GreenChef.com/90blackgirlinom. Use code 90blackgirlinom to get 90 dollars off including free shipping. Green Chef is sustainably packaged, uses fresh certified organic ingredients, and makes it super easy to follow a delicious plant based diet!
Head over to blackgirlinom.com to join us in Black Girl In Om’s online sisterhood of black women committed to wellness, joy, and healing in community, The Circle. The Circle sources our members with empowering guides, divinely ordained connections, and culturally aligned resources for you as you expand into your most authentic self.
Disclaimer: the content and artwork of this podcast are the property of its owner and are not affiliated with nor endorsed by Audiotrails.