Ricky Gervais to sell subscription to new podcast
Visit https://podnews.net/update/ricky-gervais-subs for all the links, and to get our newsletter.
Deaf and hard of hearing people want access to podcasts. Caroline Mincks, writing for Sounds Profitable, explains how to help them, and how it can lead to more money for your show. Subscribe today
- Ricky Gervais is to launch a new podcast called Absolutely Mental, with neuroscientist and philosopher Sam Harris. Available May 10, according to Deadline it will be paid-for, at $14.99 for the season. The story says 'listeners will be able to air them on their podcast players', but no word yet on whether he's using Apple or Spotify's subscriptions.
- First look: Chartable has announced it is to make podcast demographics available for its paid users. It's getting household data, working with Epsilon.
- Apple Podcasts Podageddon: After 13 days without access to Apple Podcasts Connect, someone at Apple has bothered to reach out to Paul Colligan to help. Dirk Primbs, too, is on day 13 without access, but no such luck for him.
- AppleInsider reports multiple issues with Apple Podcasts, including slow episode refreshes, poor UX and other issues. It also points to Apple's system status page, which says that Apple Podcasts had an outage that affected some users which has now been resolved. We know nothing more.
Classifieds - your job or ad here
Insanely simple way to create a podcast website — 📈 Designed using marketing techniques developed by the best podcasters. 🔎 Searchable content. 📱Mobile optimized. 🕵️♀️SEO perfection. Accessible to screen readers.
Check Out This Crazy Sketch Comedy Podcast — Every episode tells a tale, with comedy, and original songs. Starring: Mike Fox, and Katabelle (New cast member). Music: Mattia Signaroldi, with Arianna Corona. Free and Premium Episodes available!
Podcast Subscriptions Without Giving Away 30% — With Supercast, you own your customer relationships, you keep more of your paid subscription dollars, and Supercast works on both iOS & Android. Create your premium subscription today.
- Podchaser is now enabling media monitoring platform PeakMetrics to analyse podcasts. As part of the partnership, this brings more data to Podchaser users too.
- Only 17% of Australian podcast advertisers are tailoring their creative for each audio platform. Scott McCarthy from digital marketing agency Alpha Digital says podcast advertising needs to change.
- JustPod's Yi Yang reminds us that 播客一下, his newsletter about podcasting in China, is also available in English.
Thank you to Osiris for becoming a new gold supporter. Launched in 2018, Osiris is the leading storyteller in music, with music and culture podcasts you'll love. We're grateful for their support.
Tips and tricks
- In How Podcasters Can Use Large Publications to Grow Their Audience and Build Brand Credibility, Kimanzi Constable discusses the opportunities of getting large magazines to embed your podcast on their website.
- On Sounder: Spout Podcast You know them for their songs, videos, and epic performances, but there is always something even their super fans don't know until now…
- Launching today from Jam Street Media, A Life's Story tells stories from people who have seen it all: octogenarian, nonagenarians and centenarians who have done, and are still doing astonishing things. It's hosted by broadcaster Leslie Gold.
- Impostors: The Spy is Spotify's newest original show from Parcast Studios. It's the story of ex-CIA spy and FOX News commentator Wayne Simmons, told by the reporter that broke the story.
- Launched recently, The Modern CFO interviews the US's top Chief Financial Officers - "acknowledging the developing role of senior finance professionals and the tools on which they rely".
- CNN's 'Coronavirus: Fact or Fiction' podcast has become Chasing Life - Dr Sanjay Gupta will help us approach our new normal mindfully, finding a balance between self-care and productivity.
- Fate of Fact is the first podcast from Shining City Audio, the new partnership between C13Originals and Jon Meacham.
Gold supporters:Buzzsprout, Mamamia, Osiris Media, Riverside.fm, Resonate Recordings, Pineapple Street Studios, Cadence13, Podcorn, WideOrbit, Google Podcasts, Jar Audio, Spreaker, Simplecast, Podchaser, Awesound, Podimo, Call for Content, Acast, The Podcast Haven, backtracks.fm, We Edit Podcasts, ART19, Libsyn, Podbean, Podmetrics, Entale, Luminary, The Ramsey Show, The Roost, Evergreen Podcasts, Podpage websites, Megaphone, Spotify for Podcasters, One of One Productions Podcast Studio, Adonde Media, Disctopia, Knit, TED Audio Collective, Engle
Silver supporters:POST by Futuri, Terra Firma Audio, Omny Studio, Message Heard, Bullhorn, Lantigua Williams and Co, Podscribe, Julep Hosting, Julep Podcast Marketing, Pacific Content, Hindenburg, audioBoom, Heartcast Media50, Podcast Ad Report, Diversion Podcasts, podcast.co, The Podcast Engineer, RockWater Industries, NPR, Podcast Taxi, Wondery, Castos, Castbox, Podcast Guests, Jam Street Media, Glisten Media Podcast Production, Bababam, Barevalue, Maps.fm, Oxford Road, Whooshkaa, Podcastpage, Sonic Influencer Marketing, Headliner, Zvook, WaitWhat, Latina Podcasters Network, Amaeya Media, Transistor, Kast Media, Lemonada Media, Blubrry, Creative Zombie Studios, Content10x, Rachel Corbett\s Podschool, Chartable, DAX, Ad Results Media, StreamGuys, Podiant, Podcast Partnership, EverythingWithPodcasting, Know or Not? Podcast Network, She Podcasts, Podknife, adswizz, Adopter Media, Podigy, Sonix, Cleanfeed, Midroll, Veritone One, Lower Street, Stakhanov, Revolver Podcasts, Margarita Noriega, School of Podcasting, Podcast Movement, Edison Research, Signal Hill Insights
Support us This feed for Mozilla50X11Linuxx8664AppleWebKit53736KHTMLlikeGeckoChrome610316391Safari53736
Artwork credit: djtomdog
Disclaimer: the content and artwork of this podcast are the property of its owner and are not affiliated with nor endorsed by Audiotrails.