17: Andrew Returns To Normalcy, Biden's Dishonesty, The New All-Time Best Rated Movie
This episode may contain explicit content.
- Andrew sat in a dark room with a giant glowing screen for the first time in over a year!
- A vaccine confessional reminds us that some people need to consult with their doctors before getting the COVID vaccine, and that's okay!
- Pam nearly dies for her art this Mother's Day.
- The Number: how many misleading claims has Biden made in his first 100 days compared to Trump's first 100 days?
- Florida's state legislature has passed new voting laws that mirror GOP efforts across the country to make it harder to vote. It's time to contact your representatives!
- Epic Games is taking Apple to court, arguing that Apple is running a monopoly in its App Store by forcing developers to use its App Store for payment processing and to distribute software.
- Because everything is a copy of something else, major social media platforms have begun implementing their own Clubhouse-like features. We try Discord's on today's show, and Andrew's BFF Jenn joins the show!
- How 'Citizen Kane' lost its groove on Rotten Tomatoes thanks to an unearthed negative review from 80 years ago.
- 5 arrests have been made in connection with Lady Gaga's stolen dogs, and Laura's theories are vindicated.
- We've got some fresh summer recommendations this week: 'New Pokemon Snap' (Andrew), using fresh fruit in your frozen summer beverages (Laura), 'Paddington' and 'Paddington 2' (Pam).
- This week's episode is sponsored by Stamps.com (https://www.stamps.com and enter promo code MILL for a 4-week FREE trial, plus free postage and a digital scale), Felix Gray (https://www.felixgrayglasses.com/MILL for free shipping, returns, and exchanges on the best blue light glasses on the market), and ThirdLove (https://www.thirdlove.com/MILLENNIAL for 20% off). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week's installment of After Dark:
- Listener Joe shares some feedback about how we shouldn't be too quick to judge people for using mobile devices at concerts or other events.
- The FDA has announced it will ban menthol cigarettes and other mass produced varieties of flavored cigars. How do we feel about the government banning certain goods and services?
- Four Loko is a perfect example of a product that still exists, but had to change the formula that catapulted it to success.
Disclaimer: the content and artwork of this podcast are the property of its owner and are not affiliated with nor endorsed by Audiotrails.