Making Package-Free Accessible + Affordable with Kate Pepler of The Tare Shop
“I think there’s often the perception that living package-free or a lower-waste lifestyle is more expensive. But it doesn’t have to be. I hope that it will catch on, and ultimately, it’s just better for us if this becomes more mainstream.
— Kate Pepler, Founder of The Tare Shop
In this episode:
Join Kate Pepler, Founder of SheEO Venture The Tare Shop, and Hannah Cree, SheEO Venture in Residence, as they talk about sustainability, package-free shopping, and Kate’s journey into entrepreneurship. The Tare Shop is Nova Scotia’s first bulk store, coffee shop, and community hub, where customers can shop all package-free.
They also discuss:
- The story behind starting The Tare Shop and Kate’s educational background
- Learning to trust herself as an entrepreneur while making mistakes and figuring it out
- Using entrepreneurship as a way to showcase passion, drive, and create change
- Understanding + having empathy for individual sustainability journeys without judgement
- Balancing the need for profits with social good and competition from large chains
- The importance of education as marketing + impact
- And actions we can all take towards living more sustainably
We invite you to join us as an Activator at SheEO.World.
Disclaimer: the content and artwork of this podcast are the property of its owner and are not affiliated with nor endorsed by Audiotrails.