Ep. 150 - Body Image Resilience with Lexie & Lindsay Kite PhD
We’re so excited to welcome to the podcast Lindsay and Lexie Kite, PhD to speak about all things body image! They are identical twin sisters and leading experts in the field of body image resilience, as well as co-founders of the non-profit Beauty Redefined and co-authors of the book “More Than a Body”. Their goal is to allow people to see their bodies as an instrument instead of an ornament.
They join our host Jessica Gill to discuss societal dynamics around body image, including their expanded definition of positive body image and the importance of placing your self-worth in more than just the appearance of your body. This episode also covers self-objectification, unrealistic media portrayals, reframing fitness, tips for parents and the importance of finding purpose and power outside of physical looks! Enjoy!
Find the Complete Show Notes Here ->
In This Episode We Talk About:
- Lexie and Lindsay’s upbringing and how it informed their work today
- Impact of growing up as identical twins and the story of how they joined forces
- Their definition of positive body image
- How the media and social media influencers promote negative body image
- Self-Objectification and how we suffer from perceived outside judgment
- The three paths after a disruption
- Retraining our brains and the ways we think about ourselves
- Personal examples of body image struggles
- Reframing physical fitness from how you look to how you feel
- Setting boundaries with friends who aren’t supportive of your journey
- Looking at your body as an instrument instead of an ornament
- Allyship with female friends and family
- Tips for parents who want to impart a positive body image to their children
- The Pathway 2.0 - (12-month commitment) - Looking To Start Your Membership? Use code EXPANDED for $20 off your first month of the Pathway 2.0 or $20 off any 2.0 ala carte
- A la Carte Workshops 2.0
- Text Us: +1-213-423-5226 - (texting is only for US, Canada, & Puerto Rico)
In The Episode:
- Body Image DI in The Pathway
- More Than A Body - Dr. Lexie Kite and Dr. Lindsay Kite (book)
- Lexie’s Daughter IG insight post
Looking To Start Your Membership? - Use code EXPANDED for $20 off your first month of The Pathway or $20 off any a la carte workshop.
A La Carte - Not ready for a membership? Try an individual workshop with 3 months of access.
- The Basics Bundle - How To Manifest, Unblocked Inner Child & Unblocked Shadow
- Unblocked Inner Child
- Unblocked Shadow
- The Love Bundle - Unblocked Love & Relationships Reflection Mini-Workshop
- Unblocked Money
The Pathway - 12-month all-access membership includes ALL of our a la cartes + more!
- How To Manifest, Unblocked Inner Child, Unblocked Shadow, The Love Bundle, Unblocked Money
- + The Daily Practice includes our Deep Imagining Library with over 18+ DIs
- + Unblocked Boundaries
- + Unblocked Full Moon
- + Uplevel - 3 in 1 includes Rut, Rock Bottom & Next Level workshops
- + Monthly Supported Class
- + Community Group to connect with fellow manifestors
- + Automatic access to any new offering or DI that becomes available as well!
Free Offerings to Get You Started
- The Motivation
- Free Clarity Exercise - Journal prompt + 1 Deep Imagining
- Expanded Podcast - Manifestation 101
Disclaimer: the content and artwork of this podcast are the property of its owner and are not affiliated with nor endorsed by Audiotrails.