Tiny Plants for Tiny Houses!
I was really excited to invite Leslie on the show because she has just published a book called "Tiny Plants: Discover the Joys of Growing and Collecting Itty Bitty Houseplants" and I just knew I had to have her on to talk about plants that you can bring with you into your tiny house lifestyle. I had no idea that this was even a thing so I'm really excited to share this conversation! Leslie is a super outgoing and knowledgeable guest and she actually brought plants for show and tell. Members of Tiny House Engage were able to actually watch out interview streamed live, but she did send me some photographs of the plants we talked about. You can find pictures of those plants at thetinyhouse.net/166.
In This Episode:
- The difference between tiny plants and plants that are kept small
- Where does one find tiny plants?
- What if you don't have a surface to put a potted plant on?
- Creative DIY and repurposed vessels
- The best plants for people on the move
- Disturbing trends and how to find ethically sourced plants
- Tiny edible plants you can grow in a small space
- Sustainably support your plant habit with plant swaps
This Week's Sponsor: Tiny House Decisions
Tiny House Decisions is the guide that I wish I had when I was building my tiny house. And it comes in three different packages to help you on your unique tiny house journey. If you're struggling to figure out the systems for your tiny house, how you're going to heat it, how you're going to plumb it, what you're going to build it out, then tiny house decisions will take you through the process systematically and help you come up with a design that works for you. Right now I'm offering 20% off any package of Tiny House Decisions for podcast listeners. Head over to https://www.thetinyhouse.net/thd and use the coupon code tiny at checkout!
Disclaimer: the content and artwork of this podcast are the property of its owner and are not affiliated with nor endorsed by Audiotrails.