Mistakes to Avoid | Jasmine Black - 1458
Do you wish you had a list of things to avoid when looking for your next sales gig? We brought an expert to do just that - Jasmine Black. As the owner of BrainChild PSM and with over 15 years of corporate sales experience, Jasmine understands both sides of the metaphorical sales coin. In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, she gives you the inside scoop on mistakes B2B sellers should avoid to land their next job.
What should B2B sellers avoid when searching for their next gig?
- Don’t wait for your next opportunity to fall in your lap.
- Learn to be assertive without being overly aggressive in interactions throughout the hiring process. Remember, you want to show how you can provide value to the organization, not just show up to the office with your resume.
- Position yourself as a thought leader in the organization. Tell them challenges you see and explain how you’ve resolved similar issues in the past. Or even provide a plan to utilize in the future once you have the position.
- Don’t engage without intentionality. When you create your own personal brand, that professional reputation precedes you. Determine how do you want to be known.
Create your resume to work for you.
- Jasmine read an article about a man who finds a job he wants and then builds a perfect resume for that job. He then spends the next year developing the skills in that resume to know he’s qualified and experienced in the role.
- There are several outlets to gain knowledge and experience in a skillset like sales, such as LinkedIn and Hubspot.
What can sellers do to start making themselves attractive to land that next job?
- Create your brand, and create it with intention. Take time to write a list of things you want to be known for - they can be things you want to improve on, something you already know, or things you might even be lacking.
- Record yourself saying those things, and look back at the recording - do you believe yourself? Is that what you want? If it is, great, keep going that way. If not, reroute.
- Networking is critical to the sales industry. If you aren’t networking, start.
Jasmine’s secret to networking:
- What’s the awesome new social media platform Jasmine utilizes to interact with new and knowledgeable people? Clubhouse.
- When she seeks to network, Jasmine’s ultimate goal is developing a relationship. You should be into the quality of relationships versus the quantity of connections.
- Clubhouse has no visuals; it's just real names and real identities. The culture is sharing value, being participative, and welcoming - AKA the perfect networking atmosphere.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.thesalesevangelist.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey.
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.
Disclaimer: the content and artwork of this podcast are the property of its owner and are not affiliated with nor endorsed by Audiotrails.